While using word, song, and accompanying action, Bright Light Ministries seek to beam Jesus’ light, to proclaim the Gospel, to love the LORD, and to love people without compromise.
That sounds good. But how do they apply their mission statement?
Stacie Ruth and Carrie Beth pray constantly for Jesus to use them in spite of themselves. They desire to "...work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men" and to apply Jesus' words: "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." (See Col. 3:23 and Matthew 5:16.)
For Jesus and through Jesus' strength, they
- visit and pray with veterans, the sick, dying, and elderly in hospitals and nursing homes.
- offer a 24/7 prayer ministry; people worldwide submit prayer requests via e-mail.
- produce Jesus-focused and encouraging outreach materials for the hurting.
- sing and speak to encourage and educate others about the true Light of the world: Jesus Christ.
- proclaim Jesus' Name through insightful and inspiring interviews and appearances in secular and Christian media ranging from TV to radio.
- host a weekly prayer group on Facebook entitled "Praying Pals." (Join anytime!)
- influence public policy to reflect positive Christian values and publish an e-magazine monthly entitled, "Unite the USA."
What about sharing the Gospel and appearing in secular venues/media?
People take notice when they discover Stacie Ruth's picture has appeared in USA TODAY and The New York Times. Yes, she's sung for President Bush and other dignitaries and celebrities. Yes, she wrote her first book, "Still Holding Hands", when she was only 15 years old. Yes, celebrities like Randy Travis and Shirley Jones along with Christian leaders endorsed her mission and/or book. But it means nothing compared to knowing Jesus as Savior and Lord! Click here to learn how you can go to Heaven when you die and live a life of purpose now!